Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bloody Nose!


One of my girlfriends accused me of "riding the piss" out of Dudley because I told her he got a bloody nose. I will admit I rode him hard for two days, up and down some steep hills, over rocky territory and we covered a lot of ground moving cows but I did not "ride the piss out of him" It is a huge pasture and on the second day it as just Hollywood and I gathering the pasture. Yes, if I'd had a second horse I would of ridden a different one on the second day but I didn't. Maybe I'll get another horse for my birthday. Dudley was fairly cooperative but I will admit on the first day he gave me a bit of trouble refusing to listen to me when I insisted we go up another hill in search of cows. One does not like to start up hill with a horse that insists on backing up. Don't worry Dudley got over his bloody nose fairly quickly. Anyone else have a horse that gets a bloody nose occasionally?

8 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

I used to know a couple of Thoroughbreds that would get a bit bloody now and again, but they were off the track, and I suspect they had upper air way issues. Could Dudley have some sinus issues? Slip that handsome mug a treat from me though please!!

lisa said...

Nice picture! Nobody knows your horses abilities but you and unless they are the one riding they wouldn't know the issue!

Lil Mama said...

Maybe it was just dry. I know that happens with people. Sometimes they just bleed a little.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I've never had that happen to me, but I'm sure it's nothing.
Great picture, sounds like you've been working hard.

Christina said...

Just found your blog and I have to tell you how beautiful your pictures are...how beautiful your ranch is. I was born in the wrong part of the world! I am really enjoying reading your blog.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Can't help you here...don't even have a horse! It sure would be fun to help you find cows though, I am a maniac on a 4-wheeler.

Vaquerogirl said...

I've had horses all my life, and sometimes they get a bloody nose. Some times I've given them the bloody nose, sometimes the air is just dry, sometimes they pop a capillary. Unless it just won't stop, there isn't too much to be alarmed about.
Your friend must be watching too much "Jockeys'!

Anonymous said...

yes,I day work here in East Texas and I have had the occasional bloody nose. For us it has been no big deal.